Sunday, January 13, 2013

Be the change leader, or follower. It's your choice.

I have so many childhood memories related to kites which I will share sometime, but today a bit serious point. 
Long back when I was driving home on my scooter, some careless kite flier lost his control from the kite and kite came on road. Between the flyer and kite was me, the thread got scratched on my nose and I had an inch long cut on my nose. I fell down from the scooter, the cut was bleeding. Luckily my uncle's home was not very far, I rushed to their home, washed the wound, applied some medication and continued the drive extremely slowly to my home.

Friends, this Uttrayan, make sure you are not like that careless kite flier.

Try to enjoy the majestic flight of kite in the open sky. Enjoy the togetherness with your loved ones, show them how you can make your kite do what you want it to do, fly bigger and bigger kites, fly kites with longest tail, kites of different shapes that is how your people around you will notice you... not by the number of kites you cut...

Say bye bye to the way of trying to prove you better by cutting someone else's kite and counting how many kites you cut during this uttryan and how many cuts you had on your fingers. This will surely save life of those bikers whose neck get cut by kite thread.

And yes, make sure you have enough stock of kites for Jan 14 and 15.

Please commit to your loved one that even if for some reason your stock of kites is exhausted before Jan 15 evening, you will enjoy watching others flying kites, but not buy pre-owned and pre-flown kites from kids who run here and there on roads and catch a cut kite. They do so because we are there to pay them money and buy kites from them. They are not only safe for themselves but also for the traffic.

and ya, don't forget to post picture of that biggest kite and the kite with longest tail!!

Happy Uttrayan!

No comments:

Post a Comment